Embryo insurance after purchase!
Especially for you as a relation of Paardenveilingonline, we have developed an insurance together with our partner Hippo Horse Insurance, which fits the implanted embryos in this auction.
What is insured?
This insurance pays a lump sum in the event of a covered event as summarized below. Coverage commences at hammer-down and ends at the time of weaning with a maximum of 150 days from birth with a maximum up to December 1.
- We insure the embryo against hammering with a maximum of € 25,000. Of course this amount can always be adjusted downwards.
Rejection of embryo/ foal
- There is coverage in case of rejection of the embryo/foal by the (surrogate) mare.
Being born dead or deformed
- Cover is provided in the event of the foal being born dead or deformed.
Death after birth
- There is cover when there is death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of an acute illness or accident after birth.
What isn't insured?
- In the event of a twin pregnancy, no compensation is paid if one of the two foals is born dead or deformed or dies during the term of the insurance. If both foals die, compensation is paid on the basis of one foal.
Congenital hereditary defect
- There is no entitlement to payment in the case of a congenital hereditary defect.
Premiums as a percentage of the insured value
To calculate the right premium, simply submit an application. The specialist at Hippo Horse Insurance will calculate the exact premium for you.
If one or more embryos have been rejected or foals have been born dead in the last 3 years, premiums and acceptance are on request.
In case the (surrogate) mare is older than 15 years, acceptance is on the basis of the submitted documents.
Foal insurance during the auction!
Especially for you as a relation of Paardenveilingonline, we have developed with our partner Hippo Horse Insurance an insurance that fits the sale of your foal during the auction.
For a fixed amount of €100,- (incl. insurance tax) we will cover your foal if you offer it for sale at our auction.
What is covered?
- Foals are insured in accordance with the terms of Hippo* coverage.
- This insurance provides coverage in the event of death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of an acute disease or accident.
What do we need for the insurance?
- Copy/photo of the studbook paper (if available)
- VET report Paardenveilingonline BV
When is there coverage?
- The insurance starts on the photo and video day
- Transport in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, outside Germany only on request
- The cover is effective up to and including the time of delivery by the Seller to the Buyer or the time of handover to the carrier
- The insurance ends at the time of delivery by the Seller to the Buyer and no later than on 1 December 2022
What is the insured value during the different periods?
- Insured value from the photo-video day, up to and including the auction: € 5.000,-.
- Insured value from hammer day onwards: hammer day with a maximum of € 15.000,-.
- When a foal is sold above € 15.000,- you can choose to insure the surplus value at a premium of 1,5% over the amount above € 15.000,-.
- Auction fees are not insured.
What if there is damage?
- Report the damage in writing within 24 hours to Hippo Horse Insurance
- Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 (0)73 6419419
- In case of damage the compensation is 100% of the insured value
Do you have questions about insuring your purchase or would you like to insure your purchased foal or sport horse as a customer? Then contact us or directly the specialists of Hippo Horse Insurance.